This is my "Capri" quilt that I'm adding to Bloggers' Quilt Festival.
It reminds me of the Mediterranean. I love each of the fabrics and was trying to decide what to do with them when I stumbled upon Valori Well's free Olive Rose pattern (found here: http://www.valoriwells.com/downloads/OliveRoseFreePatt-Web.pdf ). I really enjoyed making this quick quilt. It's a favorite, although I recognize not terribly technically challenging. I quilted it on a long arm. Really enjoyed doing that too. Love free-motion machine quilting.
http://amyscreativeside.com/?p=3409" title="Amy's Creative Side - Blogger's Quilt Festival"
The backing is the big Valori Wells blue rose. My fabric mix includes some Amy Butler and Kaffe Fassett fabrics.
My friends always ask me who I am making each quilt for. My response to this one is "ME!" I can't part with this one. It's just too "me", and too fun. I use it while curled up on the couch with a book or while watching T.V.



Love this quilt and the beautiful colors! Good for you to make a quilt that you can enjoy yourself!
ReplyDeleteMmm! What a yummy quilt! Those fabrics are delicious!
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful colors and prints! The design really showcases them well. Best of all, it sounds like you are enjoying your wonderful quilt! :)
ReplyDeletebeautiful !
ReplyDeleteThis is just beautiful! The pattern might be easily executed but perfect for show casing these gorgeous fabrics. Perfect name for it too.
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking a look at my quilt. I love your happy colors. I have been using lots of Kaffe & Amy Butler fabrics this year.I enjoyed reading you blog. Happy Stitching. chrisb.
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful quilt!! i love your fabric choices...showcased so lovely in this quilt.
ReplyDeletelovely quilt so fresh and pretty!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing it with us
thanks for visitng my entry - you are a non-reply blogger - so I'll say thanks here :)
All of your quilts are lovely!!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! I love the colors!
ReplyDeleteThose are some beautiful fabrics! It turned out fantastic and I'm glad you get to keep it! :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilt! and the color wheel tree skirt is fantabulous. Isn't the Love by Amy Butler fabric such an inspiring line?
ReplyDeleteEvery quilter gets asked that question but sometimes we get to be selfish and keep what we make! This is a gorgeous and happy quilt. You did a lovely job. Thanks for sharing your quilt's story :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by my blog. Yummy colours in your quilt and the prints are really pretty. There's some lovely eye candy here, I especially like the batiks, thought the tree skirt is pretty special - okay I just love everthing with colour LOL.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! I love this pattern...I enlarged the blocks and used it for the back of quilt last year.
ReplyDeleteYou have got such a wonderful eye for colour. I am so glad I found your blog, your work is beautiful
ReplyDeleteI love all the different fabrics. Each one looks so interesting.
ReplyDeleteYour direct link to your festival post is not working.
Beautiful fabrics, beautiful quilt.
ReplyDeleteI think your fabrics can sing in this simple piecing. You have a wonderful variety and I see some that I love! Thanks for visiting my blog.
ReplyDeleteWonderful quilt BJ. The simple design really showcases the fabrics you used.
ReplyDeleteMe quilts are necessary..this is beautiful. the pattern is lovely as well.
ReplyDelete