Friday, May 13, 2011

Dotty 4 U


Bloggers' Quilt Festival


This was motivated by our Alpenglow Quilting Group. They did these bull's eye quilts over the winter. I picked up some scraps one day and just started cutting circles. The entire quilt is made from scraps, except for a yard of backing. It makes a great table topper in my dining room. The top-stitched circles are supposed to fray when I wash it but I don't wash my quilts until I have to. I know a lot of you like to wash your quilts as you finish them, but I like to enjoy the crisp, clean look awhile before I wash mine. I decided to just cross hatch it on my machine because it was small enough to do it and I'm kind of into cross hatching lately. Anyway, this is the most recent quilt I have finished so I am using it for Blogger's Quilt Festival, but it's not really a favorite. If you check some of my older posts you will see much nicer quilts.


22 comments:

  1. A beautiful quilt!! And wonderful that it's made from scraps! I don't wash mine till I have to either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun quilt! Did you make whole circles first and then cut them apart? Love the fabric scraps that you used and also love your backing material.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! and i must say, i adore the back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great dotty quilt- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the colors! and it turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore scrap quilts and this one is so pretty. Those colours are sublime. This just gives me a thrill to look at it!

    I have a raw edge circle quilt I finished last August that still hasn't been washed yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our quilts could be cousins!
    You have to love those circles and my kind of colours.
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty quilt! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love Bulls Eye quilts, and yours is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the quilt, but I always pick a favorite for BQF, it just seems that I should shre thaoe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very fresh and pretty! Circles always make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. very pretty quilt with a wonderful design. love the fabrics. thanks so much for sharing and have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah Bullseye the name of our boxer puppy and the name of this beauty I see in front of me!! Love the colors, so soft and pretty to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These quilts are great fun and I love the way yours has turned. It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like your quilt, and the combination of pink and yellow is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great quilt! I've made the bullseye quilt before too and I LOVE it. It's one of my favorites, but I like your colors better than mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm like you, I don't onyend to wash my quilt until it gets really grotty. I love the circles. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete