Friday, October 28, 2011
Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall 2011
So yes, I made this last year but I LOVE it! I love the colors, the fabrics, the mix, the crazy big chunky pattern and the soft pink flannel backing I pieced for it. Sorry I didn't post a picture of that, but it isn't significant. Believe it or not, these random large pieced quilts are not as fast and easy as they look. I actually used a pattern from a magazine when I made this, but next time I will just take my pieces and cut them up and make a few sections to put together. I'm sure it will be much faster and easier. I kind of love random quilts because they are so free and whimsical as opposed to symmetrical and orderly. I'm not really that precise in many aspects of my life. I like spontaneity and my best work is done when I get an idea and just cut and piece without much stress or planning. I called it Printemps because it totally feels springy to me. I love spring. It's a wonderful, energizing time of year. It's a happy, hopeful time of year. OK full disclosure here. I live in Alaska and I love spring and summer. This quilt just "speaks" the lighter side of spring to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment